Thursday, April 9, 2015

Celebra'tions - Sunny Days Card and Ribbon Pleating Tutorial!

I’m so excited to be sharing with you my first project as Richard Garay's Make Amazing Girl! This has been such a wonderful experience so far and it’s just the beginning.

Today I’m sharing a super fun Summery card using Richard Garay’s Celebra’tions Collection. Soon as I saw this polka dot orange paper in the Celebrations Prints Package I had to use it! I have used the Stamp and Die Set SunnyDays. After all, what goes better with orange polka dot paper better than a sun shine, right?




I’ve also used the Pierced Circles Dies for the white and orange circles. My favorite part about these dies is that you can choose whether or not you want to add the piercings. Notice the texture on the white circle behind my sentiment. I have used the ‘Create a Cone’ die set to emboss my circle with a waffle cone texture.



I use A LOT of foam dots! I love texture and dimension on my cards so every layer is on a foam dot!
Even the cloud that sits on the sun is on a foam dot. I have used some Journey Sparkle Dust on the inner part of my orange circle. A few other embellishments are Journey Twine, Buttons, Sequins and TangerineFusion Gingham Ribbon.



Which brings me to one of my favorite techniques.
 Ribbon pleating. Here’s a super easy way to pleat ribbon.

First, you will need Ribbon, Scissors and JourneyWhite Liner tape.


Then you will place a strip of the White Liner Tape across the ribbon.




Next, make little loops pinching the ribbon. You don’t want to the ribbon too tight unless you want tight looking pleats. Then trim off ribbon stands..and attach to your project!








Well I hope you enjoyed my project and mini tutorial.
 Have a wonderful day!





post signature

No comments: